Open Call: Mixer Sessions III
Last Application Date: 16 April 2018
Mixer, who intended to guide young artists with their careers and to deliver art to everyone, since the day it was founded, continues to offer a place to artists where they can show their work with ‘’Mixer Sessions’’ that first took place in July 2016.
The ‘’Mixer Sessions III’’ exhibition to be held in June this year, invites; senior, masters and doctoral students of Faculty of Fine Arts, to prove their artistic independence.
‘’Mixer Sessions’’ which took place in July 2016 for the first time, included the work of 23 artists as the result of the open call, also provided space for young curators last June with the curatorial project ‘’Black Box’’. The open call Mixer made this year will be accepting applications of young artists, for contemporary art pieces made in different mediums.
Artists who want to take part in ‘’Mixer Sessions III’’ exhibition, where the work selection and curatorial work is undertaken by Mixer, can apply by filling in the application form till April 15.
Please be sure to read the items listed in the Application Conditions before submitting your e-mail.
▪ The application is open to senior, masters or doctoral students of the fine arts faculties and related departments.
▪ Artists must participate with original art pieces of their own.
▪ The artists are responsible for the originality of the works they submit.
▪ The work doesn’t have to abide by any discipline.
Documents to be submitted with application:
▪ Biography, (must be written in English and Turkish in 3rd person language) the word count of the biographies must be 100-150.
▪ Portfolio (must contain at least 3 visuals of work)
▪ Artist Statement, the word count of the text must be 200-350.
▪ Visual and brief description of the work (the visuals of the work must be 300 dpi resolution)
▪ Tags should be written in the following format: [Name of the artist, Name of the work, Size, Medium, Year]